Dienstag, 14. Februar 2017

We need Love AND Socks


Would any one imagine that you can fall in love with socks? Or with one sock only? There are beautiful colourful socks for men, women and children. Let us not forget that.

One sock only, lonely? 
Normally they come in pairs, like loving couples. In extreme cases they lead lonely lives until the other mate has finally been found in the washing machine or elsewhere. I always get tender feelings when seeing a lonely one. One feels tempted to look for some mother sock or sock mother. When two socks find each other after a washing process, provided they match, there is a lot of joy around, shortlived however.

A pair of loving male warm socks 
Unexpected joy came to me - or should I say, to my feet? - when I remembered the cold nights of my childhood when mum covered my feet with some pink woolen "bed shoes", a ridiculous way of keeping them comfortably warm. Thank God, nobody could see them because of notorious darkness at night. The question springing to my mind at the biblical age of over 70, in the chilly darkness of Yorkyshire nights was about convenient socks to cover my ice cold feet. Could I find thick woolly socks which can prevent Cathie from screaming each time one of my feet touches her in bed?

No socks at all! 
Last night was the crucial test. I found nice socks, feeling good enough to try them on. What a night! Warm feet instead of icy spells of dispair. I woke up extremely happy. Touched Cath carefully with one foot after having removed the socks. No screams. Only smiles. Whether I am now a laughing stock or not. It does not matter: only a warm sock is a good laughing sock. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen