Samstag, 27. August 2016

My 1000 blogs. So what?

Today is the day. I knew it would happen. Now it did. It's now a thousand times that I have opened my computer in the morning to start a new blog, writing in German for the first years.

 The first ever was in 2010. We - Cath and I -  had come home from a holiday in the Bavarian Alps. Oberammergau is famous for its Oberammergau Passion Play, attracting thausends of visitors and performed by the village people every ten years.  The first was in 1634 and the next will take place in 2020 if everything goes well. It  is meant to be an everlasting "Thank you" to the Lord who saved the Oberammergauers from the plague.


Not far from Oberammergau 
Actually, I'm lying... my 8 page Oberammergau blog was in reality my third blog, far too long and not very much to the point. I described our holiday and was surprised by the enthusiasm this endless blog has caused. Then I found out, how attractive  historical flashbacks, curiosity in general, my sex mindedness and my interest in exotic cooking must be.  Friends told me also, that they liked my writing style and, rather unexpectedly, my pictures which I selected carefully in order to be as relevant as possible.


Full Moon over Yorkshire.

A new dimension for me came with my unmitigated rejection of every right wing attempt to impose fanatic thoughts and to express hatred. I can be quite outspoken and never fail to put my finger on certain manipulators who are not ashamed to intoxicate the atmosphere. People like Le Pen (father and daughter), Nigel Farage, Frauke Petry and Beatrix von Storch (both being German neonazis), as well as an American Republican who wants to become the new President of the USA. Donald Trump or so, a living example of a political simpleton with an admirable degree of shamelessness. Also frequently mentioned: Adolf Hitler, Napoleon, Putin, NSA, Merkel, the Queen, the weather and my Yorkshire girl.


Dommage, Farage, Garage, Fromage! 
So, passion, love and curiosity makes my day and gets pored into my blogs. No theme or aspect is boring enough to be ignored. Blogging seems to be a rather discrete art which does not necessarily trigger of passionate reactions. This is why I try to find out more about readers who seem to be  mainly from Germany, UK, USA,  Russia, France, Austria but also many other countries. Yesterday I saw that someone from Barbados wanted to see a blog of mine. My conclusion is, that blogging has become a typical exercise for global minded authors who do not seek a publisher but are happy when they can create a little community of readers. In my case, I am told that almost 400 000 read something I wrote.


She is the one! 
Can I boast of having an average of 400 readers per blog? Is that realistic? If I write in English and German, I would need my beloved Cath to see the English blog to make sure that I am not writing nonsense. Thank you so so much, dearest Cath. I know you have other things to do. But I also am aware that you want to make me happy. I look forward to the next 1000 blogs! One calls that optimism. Champagne!!!!!



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen